Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Brady Bunch

I've known the Brady family for a LONG time; Kevin was the little brother to my high school classmate; Dan, and my husband's best friend classmate; Scott. A few years ago I never dreamt that I would become a person to put on around 2,000-2,500 miles on her bike each year! But that was before I was introduced to cycling through Kevin. It started innocently enough by attending "spin" classes taught by Kevin at the Dome over my noon hours and the next thing I knew I was buying a road bike. Now my two favorite material things are my faithful bike (with 13,000 plus miles) and my Nikon D7000 camera - life is good!

So it was a lot of fun to photograph the Brady family who I know so well.

I doubt if there is ever a dull moment in the Brady household - these kids love to have fun! I wish I was running a video camera so I could share Marissa's "lama dance" with everyone - she seriously needs to get this on YouTube, it would have a million hits!
And I must also mention that Laura Brady is the best massage therapist. And thank goodness she is there when I need her most - set up in camp with her massage table each day on the Tour de Kota bike ride!

I had to include this photo from last year's MS Ride; a 2 day, 150 mile ride to benefit the multiple sclerosis foundation. This is how I normally see the Bradys! Check out Biking Brady's blog here. I find it amazing that Kevin has commuted by bike to work for more than 1,000 consecutive days. After all, this is South Dakota!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Photography by Cathy Jo