Friday, April 22, 2011

Momma Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys

Like in the movie Field of Dreams; "build it and they will come," I found the same is true of a saddle; bring a saddle into your studio and the cowboys will come!


Thank you to Gordon Jensen for loaning me his saddle. It is truly beautiful and I was anxious to try it out so I asked Kasandra to let me do some of Micah's 6 month photographs on the saddle. Turns out Micah's grandmother was raised on a ranch so he has some cowboy blood in him. Micah took to the saddle like a natural.


Then the following week Andrew came in for his 5 year photos and he had just received a special birthday present from his grandpa; all the clothing and gear that a cowboy would ever wish for! Including chaps, spurs, canteen, bandana, hat, etc. Andrew was filling me in on the Lone Ranger, wow, it has been a long time since I've seen those shows, it was nice to take a trip down memory lane and it is nice to know that Andrew is enjoying watching the Lone Ranger in 2011!

Thanks to my cowboys! Hi yo, Silver away!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Photography by Cathy Jo