Saturday, June 4, 2011

Switching gears for a week.....literally!


As much as I LOVE photography.....it is time for me to turn my attention to a hobby I have neglected over the past several months as I started my photography business. To give equal time to my bike, I will be spending the week on Tour de Kota, June 6-10th. With such little training I pray the winds will be kind to me and be to our backs!


I started biking in 2004 and have met so many wonderful people through biking, I can't describe the joy of riding a bike with your best biking buddies. Not to mention, how great it is to ride with your daughter! My oldest daughter, Ashley took up this hobby with me. We rode the entire 6 days of TDK in 2006 and 2007, as well as RAGBRAI in 2008. The last few years have been busy for her with her wedding, obtaining her Masters Degree, and having a baby! But I am so excited that she will be riding the first day of TDK with me!

It was also my biking buddies; Nancy, Melissa, and Marilyn who got me hooked on photography - we are the camera clickin' cyclists!

But the only camera I will be packing is an old, el-cheapo, dropped from my bike onto the road several times, dependable point and shoot Sony camera. But there will be photos I promise when I return!

If you're interested, here is a snipet of my cycling blog for one day of the TDK ride from 2009.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Photography by Cathy Jo